If you are searching for contact info, please visit the General INFO, SHIPPING, ETC. page.
I am the owner of The Sample Seed Shop. Some of you may know me from internet garden chat, or possibly from my name popping up on internet plant searches. I’m not just the owner of a business; I am an avid gardener. Some might call me a plant junkie, some might call me just plain crazy(DH), but no one could ever say I’m not passionate about what I do!
If you need to get a hold of me, my email is SampleSeeds@yahoo.com
If you just wish to leave a comment, please leave one on the
Guest Book, Click Here.
I’ve been asked “Where did The Sample Seed Shop name come from?” I was trying to come up with a name for the longest time, and my husband, Gary, suggested it. He got the idea from his late grandfather’s dry cleaning business, Sample Dry Cleaning. I immediately loved it, because it was in memory of his grandfather, the alliteration was great, and small seed packets are already known as sample size! Plus I have (and any older Buffalonian woman out there will have) fond memories of The Sample clothing store.
I am available for speaking appearances/workshops on various garden subjects ~ perennials for full sun, antique and hardy roses, growing from seed, fruits and vegetables, etc. I love spreading the joy of gardening to others! I have presented at many garden clubs, libraries, Plantasia, Long Island Seed Consortium Exchange. Click Here to read a bit more.
To hear a radio interview with me on the Rochester, NY program Naturally Green with host Michael Warren Thomas please Click Here.
Newspaper articles I’ve been interviewed for:
- Wall Street Journal ‘Pushing the Envelope on Vegetables’ Click Here.
- Rochester’s Democrat and Chronicle ‘Tomatoes Will Survive This Year’ Click Here.
- Niagara Gazette ‘Red Alert’ about the Buffalo~ Niagara Tomato TasteFest(not online had to scan) Photo of me Click Here, Scan of article photos Click Here, Scan of article Click Here.
- An interview for a Polish Cooking Class I taught. Click Here.
- Kansas City Star ‘Annual Tasting Allows Chance To Feel The Love for Tomatoes. Click Here.
A few gardening tidbits about me~
- My garden is cottage style, and I have many antique roses.(In the future, I might offer some rooted babies for sale.)
- I host the annual Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest. It is a get together/picnic of tomato growers sharing their harvest. It is held on a Saturday at the end of August or beginning of September in Grand Island, NY. If you want to be on the future invite list, please email SampleSeeds@yahoo.com.
- I am a member of BADS(Buffalo Area Daylily Society.)
- I am a volunteer for the Buffalo Botanical Gardens. If you ever visit the Niagara Frontier, you should make a trek there.
- I am a member of the North American Rock Garden Society.
Other facts about me~
- I am a breast cancer survivor. (If you’ve been diagnosed with Breast Cancer, I recommend visiting BreastCancer.org)
- I teach adult education cooking and gardening classes for Niagara Wheatfield. Click Here for more info. Update: Unfortunately the program ended when the budget didn’t pass and all extras were removed.
- I have two wonderful dogs, Sammie and Charlie, who love to ruin my best laid garden plans, but I still love them.
Thank you for choosing the Sample Seed Shop!